theMOVEMENTZ

muzikMOVEMENTZ, in its name alone, encapsulates everything we do in the field of Hip Hop, R&B, Rock n' Roll, Folk and Country: Through online interviews, reviews, photographs and videos, we help to push the deserved exposure of Canadian artists and entrepreneurs by showcasing their talent to "move" and evolve the entertainment industry in Canada.

theMOVEMENTZ is Parent company to, Muzik Movement Newz, and with the incredible and ongoing success of our ability to reach fans with music news, reviews and interviews, we decided to revamp our website to showcase artists in all entertainment industries.

Although we only began in the summer of 2007, theMOVEMENTZ has already seen profound success in Toronto and the GTA, and has even made impressions internationally.

Buy Your Gear Here!!

test

Friday, January 8, 2010

Sonny Boy Mick

Sonny Boy Mick's long road in the music industry has been landmarked by a variety of unique experiences. All experiences that led him towards national and international acclaim for his songwriting and performance ability.



Sonny Boy Mick, a.k.a Steve McPhail, started playing guitar at the tender age of eleven in his hometown of Sault Ste. Marie. "I played in bands through high school and university and then moved to Burlington where I joined a club act of T.O. I played and sang with several prominent clubs in the GTA."

He then had a band called Fall From Grace in the 90s, that was released in Europe. And if that wasn't enough, he purchased a music school and recording studio in Burlington called Melody Man Studios, and has been running it over the last 6 years.

The studio has been a real place of inspiration for Steve and his songwriting, "Because of being able to play everyday at the studio teaching or recording I find musically things just pop out, alot of times when I'm tuning somebody's guitar or just sitting around playing."

With this new environment to work with, he started writing under the name Sonny Boy Mick, which resulted in the release of the new CD "Peace, Love and Sonny Boy."

How would Steve describe his style? "A melting pot of all the covers and styles I've played since I was a kid- Beatles, Bowie, Prince, Zeppelin, Police, Stones, U2, Coldplay, Pumpkins, Radiohead, Buddy Holly, and I'm sure a slew of 90's bands."

What Steve prides himself in is his ability to write authentic music, "I think my music is real, it's not fabricated, it's just a reflection of my day to day existence. I play everyday and if you see me live chances are you'll see I love to play music, I've been told many times that when I play "live" I have that "somethin" --you can't fake that stuff, it just happens. I've been very fortunate to play with great band members in the last 10 years who bring years of experience to the studio as well as live shows."

Speaking of authenticity, all of Steve's songs have been inspired by some event that has occurred in his life. "If I had to pick one [to talk about] it would be "Northern Town". I was home in Sault Ste. Marie on a family matter


read more

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELLO WORLD, I AM KNOWN IN HIP HOP AS SHOBOY, AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT I AM THE BEST UNSIGNED RAPPER IN FLORIDA. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR HATE ON ME.
www.twitter.com/shoboy407
http://backbythestreetz.ning.com/
http://www.myspace.com/darealshoboy
http://www.youtube.com/user/backbythestreetz
http://www.shoboyonline.com
http://www.datpiff.com/profile/shoboy407
http://vimeo.com/shoboy