theMOVEMENTZ

muzikMOVEMENTZ, in its name alone, encapsulates everything we do in the field of Hip Hop, R&B, Rock n' Roll, Folk and Country: Through online interviews, reviews, photographs and videos, we help to push the deserved exposure of Canadian artists and entrepreneurs by showcasing their talent to "move" and evolve the entertainment industry in Canada.

theMOVEMENTZ is Parent company to, Muzik Movement Newz, and with the incredible and ongoing success of our ability to reach fans with music news, reviews and interviews, we decided to revamp our website to showcase artists in all entertainment industries.

Although we only began in the summer of 2007, theMOVEMENTZ has already seen profound success in Toronto and the GTA, and has even made impressions internationally.

Buy Your Gear Here!!

test

Monday, August 17, 2009

Imaan Faith

With 600,000 YouTube and MySpace hits, backers like Johnny ‘J’ and Colby O’Donis , and nothing but good things to say, Imaan Faith is showing us what the airwaves are missing.


Just a month after his album’s debut, Let the Truth be Known (G.U.T.S./DEP/Universal) was listed fourth in The Toronto Star’s T.O. Top Tens, beating out music legends like Sarah McLachlan, Roots, and Def Leppard. If that isn’t enough, Imaan Faith’s debut video for “Haven’t seen U Smile” received an honourable mention for Outstanding Canadian Music Video at the 8th Annual Toronto ReelWorld Film Festival, and has already received over 300,000 views on YouTube.com.

Mixing North American hip-hop with Middle Eastern style, Imaan Faith’s album is an expression of his experiences and values as a person as well as an artist. Let the Truth be Known was eleven years in the making, and if there’s one thing that’s clear from listening to the final product, it’s that this rapper has faith. It’s his name after all.

When did you decide you wanted to make music?

I was always into music. Since day one, my family was really music oriented and growing up my brothers always played music. When I decided music is what I wanted to do was when I heard 2Pac. I wasn’t much just into rap. I heard everything, but when I heard ‘Pac, that was it for me. He really hit me with his words on how we can change and be positive. I was arrested when I was 14-15 and I had nothing to do but listen to ‘Pac and write. My brother saw my passion and he really gave me my push, then I started getting into producing when I lived in New York.

What truth do you want to share?

The truth I’m trying to share with people is don’t be fooled. All that stuff you see on T.V. and read in newspapers ain’t all real. Most of these rappers ain’t gangsters they’re just selling you an image and I don’t do that. I can’t do that. I’ve been blessed to be around real people that know what’s up!


Read More

No comments: