theMOVEMENTZ

muzikMOVEMENTZ, in its name alone, encapsulates everything we do in the field of Hip Hop, R&B, Rock n' Roll, Folk and Country: Through online interviews, reviews, photographs and videos, we help to push the deserved exposure of Canadian artists and entrepreneurs by showcasing their talent to "move" and evolve the entertainment industry in Canada.

theMOVEMENTZ is Parent company to, Muzik Movement Newz, and with the incredible and ongoing success of our ability to reach fans with music news, reviews and interviews, we decided to revamp our website to showcase artists in all entertainment industries.

Although we only began in the summer of 2007, theMOVEMENTZ has already seen profound success in Toronto and the GTA, and has even made impressions internationally.

Buy Your Gear Here!!

test

Friday, August 28, 2009

Elyse Simpson

I'm simply blown away by some of the teenage talent that graces the music industry in Canada. Elyse Simpson is no exception. With song writing skills to match some twice her age, and some killer vocals at her disposal, Elyse is someone to look out for. Here's what she had to say to theMOVEMENTZ.



How did you first get involved in music? Is it something that you hope to pursue for the long haul?

I got involved with music at a young age, around 6, I was listening mainly to classical music and started to take up the cello. Around 7 years later I took up vocal and shortly after began to teach myself guitar. I then started to listen to more rock and psychedelic music such as Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton. Now over the past two years, I have been working to pursue music seriously as a career and I hope to continue.



How would you describe your music to someone who has never heard it before?

People have told me my music sounds like Bob Dylan with a little bit more Billie Holiday vocals. Personally, I would like to think or hope it reflects the feeling that was evident during the folk movement in the 1960s in Greenwich Village but with a bit more of an edge.



Do you have an album in the works? If so, what types of themes/ideas are working their way into the songs. When do you think it will be released?

Technically I am always working on an album since I am always working on new material and writing music. In the past, I have independently released singles and plan to release more very soon, but right now I'm focusing on putting together a solid body of work before I think about releasing an album. But, it is definitely something I will do.

read more

No comments: